Saturday, March 01, 2008

March, why hast thou forsaken me?

Today, as most of you probably know is the first day of March. A new month. Calendar wiped clean of black X's, all ready for a fantabulous few weeks of fun and good fortune since January and February did not seem up to the task. I had such high hopes for March.....

My morning started this way: Jude comes in my room at 6:30 a.m. sobbing. I asked him what was wrong and through his choking sobs he says "I.....had....this dream!....And Dean was...was..HOME!! And I was so.....so HAPPY! But, but then I woke up......and hes NOT HERE!!!" *insert complete hysterical meltdown here* All I could do was rock him and tell him it was ok to be sad and to miss Dean and he continued crying for about 5 more minutes before letting me know that he thought perhaps playing video games would make him feel a bit better. Thats Jude for ya.

Then, after about 2 hours of video games we had to go out to a birthday party. But I am a poor planner, so before hand we had to actually go out and buy the gift, wrapping paper, card etc. and then wrap the present and write the card in the car. The party itself was pretty good,the boys had fun and Hannah behaved well. After that we went straight to soccer for the boys' games. Which were both at Noon. And in case you hadn't noticed, there is only ONE of me.

So, lets see....One Mom + Two Games at the Same Time(over the square root of Its Also the Baby's Nap time) divded by Why do I make my own life Impossible = No One is Happy

Yeah, That sounds about right. I will call it The Theory of Military-Wife-Soccer-Mom.

Then for a bit o' icing on the cake, we all came home, plopped down exhausted on the couch to watch cartoons, and promptly all broke out in a fever at 3 p.m. Thats right folks, all four of us with simultaneous fevers. One might speculate, as my good friend Stasia did, that our thermometer was broken, but I assure you it is not.

And as the fevers climbed the crankiness in the household rose exponentially. And lo, the dosing of the Motrin began. And thus, sayeth the Mommy, all the little children shall go to thy beds early. And thus a kind of calm-before-the-storm fell upon the house. Where upon the Mommy pondered aloud, "March, why hast thou forsaken me?" Where upon March replied "Uhm.....What did you expect?"

2 comments:

Daniel John Hilton The Only said...

Um, this was really funny. The writing, I mean, not the fact that it was a bad day.
(but get that "g" out of exhausted.)
-Daniel

Lora said...

why can't I spell that word???

Thanks. :)